- This event has passed.
IFS BASICS ONE
April 18, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Six-Week Small Group. Once a week for two hours. From April 18 to May 23 2022. Classes via Zoom.
Learn the building blocks of IFS from the ground up with other therapists and coaches who want to understand the model better and use it in professional settings. For Therapists and Coaches with some familiarity with the IFS model, but who are not trained, experienced, or confident using it fully with clients. If you know nothing at all about IFS but are intrigued, check out our IFS resources page to get you started.
Topics By Week:
- Building safety in the group, and comfort with Parts language and Parts work
- Understanding our Protective System
- Exploring the nature of the Self in IFS
- Understanding, identifying and caring for Wounded Exiles
- Learning about unburdening and rescuing Exiles, and understanding why this is not typically beginners’ work
- Taking IFS into the therapy room
Each session includes short lectures, pair practice, and either a demonstration of the model in real-time or a chance to do your own personal work. Together we will create a small, safe, confidential environment in which to learn the building blocks of the IFS model, to feel and contribute to the profound Self-Energy that arises in such a group, and to develop skills for living well and helping others live with greater ease.
September 09 – October 14. Fridays 9am-11am. Classes via Zoom